Best Free Video Editing Software: So you want to edit your video to make it perfect for watching. Here you will find top best free video editing software that will make the process of video editing hassle-free.
These days we own smartphones as well as digital cameras. Both these electronic device can take super-clear images and high-quality videos. But many times, we need to cut some part from the original video. What we will do then? Here comes the video editing software. You can easily cut any part of the video, give special effects, change sound track and much more.
You can also create your own featured movie and create family videos with images.
Most of non-tech folks will find video editing software little bit confusing to use. But by studying related software tutorial on the web, you can easily learn to use that particular video editing software.
What You Can Do With Video Editing Software
Most of the video editing software are used in following video editing task.
- Removing unwanted video part
- Adding special effect, images, sound etc.
You can easily impress any person with exceptional editing of your video. It is the video editing part that makes any good video worth watching.
School & College students will find these video editing software of great use. They can use these software for their educational projects.
Now you don’t have to spent your hard-earned money on buying video editing software. Here is the list of best free video editing software. These softwares can be used without a single penny.
List Of Top 10 Best Free Video Editing Software
Windows Movie Maker is one of the best video editing software developed by tech giant Microsoft. For basic video editing needs “Windows Movie Maker” is the best software. It is available for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. This software is both available in 32-bit and 64-bit version.
- Drag & Drop videos and photos
- Import photos & video from camera, smartphone and other devices
- Capture videos & photos from camera, scanner and more
- Video can be trimmed and spit
- Transition effect
- Control brightness, contrast or hue
- Publish video to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and other websites
The makers of DaVinci Resolve has also released the free version of their powerful video editing program. In Hollywood, it is used for color correction. With it, you can edit and color correct your videos in professional way. One of the best point about its free version is that you will get almost every feature available in pro version.
Its free version is available for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Color correction
- Edit audio & video
- Visual effects
Lightworks is another popular & professional video editing software both available in free and pro version. It has been used for creating popular Hollywood Movies like The Wolf of Wall Street, Pulp Fiction, LA Confidential, Heat, Road to Perdition, The King’s Speech, Hugo and many more
It is avaibvale for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Realtime titling effects
- 100 presets of realtime effects
- Multicam editing (advanced)
- Import features for Vimeo and YouTube
This video editor contains bulk of video editing features that makes it little bit confusing to use. You can also do conversion of your video and audio with tools comes with this software.
- Non-linear video editor
- Audio & Visual effects
- Subpixel accuracy results in smooth animation rotation and transformation
- Create videos for pre-configured devices (Smartphones, iPad, Sony PlayStation, Xbox, Zune etc.)
- Video Capture
- Built-in DVD burning tool
- Video conversion
Avidemux is an open source free video editor. You can not make a movie in this software as only one video can be loaded at a time.
- Join and Cut clips
- Add any music or audio track
- Add borders & logo, remove noise, tweak brightness, resize, saturation and more
- Presets: DVD, 720p, PSP, SVCD and more
6. MPEG Streamclip
MPEG Streaclip is very small in size but it act as a video converter, player and editor. With it, you can trim, cut and join videos. It can also rotate footage and export soundtrack.
ivsEdits™ is a modular and flexible non-linear editing software. It is a “Made in Italy” software developed by IVS.
- 4K/2K/HD/SD editing solution
- Full-quality real-time editing performance in RGBA 4:4:4:4 color space
Wax is a video compositing and special effects software. Some of the main features of this software are listed below.
- Available as standalone application and plugin
- 2D & 3D special effects
- High performance and flexible video compositing
It is another fully featured free video editor software. With it, you can create video for DVD, YouTube and more. It is among the fastest video stream processor available.
- 3D video editing and 2D to 3D stereoscopic conversion
- Import and mix music tracks
- Slow down and speed up video
- Video Stabilization
- Save to PSP, iPod, iPhone and more
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X, iPad, Android and Kindle
Kate’s Video Toolkit is a simple solution for all your video needs. The main function of this software is to convert, cut and join videos.
- Change frame size and the frame aspect ratio
- Mix audio and video files
- Built-in video player
So above is the list of best free video editing software. All of the above listed software are absolutely free. Some of the software like Lightworks have pro version. But you can use the free version of these software with any trial limit but may have some feature limitations.
If you are using any of the above software for your video editing needs. Do let us know about your review in comment section.
Also if you know about any other free video editing software, tell us that in comment area.