How To Get Firefox Older Look (Pre-Australis): Mozilla has already changed the interface of its refined web browser Firefox. The change of user interface was happened in Firefox 29 and the new default interface is called “Australis”. The new look of Firefox is modern and intuitive. But many of the Firefox lovers still prefers older look of Firefox found in pre-Australis versions.
This browser’s previously older look was admired & liked by many geeks. But some how they ditched in order to stay in competition. First of all, you should now what changes Australis interface has brought in Firefox.
What Changes Have Occurred In New & Modern Australis UI
Australis user interface has brought many changes to Firefox’s UI which make this browser simple but modern.
- Firefox button has been removed in newer interface and is replaced by new hamburger button. You will find all of the option and customizations after clicking this hamburger button positioned on right side below corner.
- Tab have been given a newer modern look and resembles Chrome’s curvier tabs. Tabs are located at the top.
- URL bar, Search bar and icons of various add-ons are now displayed in a row.
- Add-ons bar is also gone from the footer of the browser.
What Are The Benefits Of Adopting Older Firefox UI ( Firefox Older Look (Pre-Australis)
Though most of the older Firefox fans are not already aware about the benefits of older Firefox user interface. But new users of this browser are admiring the Australis. Still many of them do not about the advantages of Pre-Australis UI. Let I give you more info on this.
- Older Firefox look feels lighter and takes less memory than Australis. Web Browsing will feel more smooth on older UI.
- You can easily customize and make the browser yours.
- Opening and closing of tabs will be very fast on older computers with less system resources. Older computer tend to get lags while using newer UI.
I have recently opted for older Firefox UI and simply finding it amazing. Now I can easily customize every part of my favorite web browser. Now the customized interface feels smoother than Australis.
How To Get Firefox Older Look
To customize your fox in order to get pre-Australize or traditional Firefox user interface, you need to install an add-on called Classic Theme Restorer.
Recently I was browsing various add-ons on Mozilla websites and find Classic Theme Restorer and installed that. I wondered, how easily I got older Firefox look back in latest Firefox. All you need to configure the plugin according to your taste.
Below are some of the important points which will ease the process of getting the traditional Firefox interface.
1. First of all, you should downland Classic Theme Restorer.
2. Install the add-on by clicking the button of “Add to Firefox”.
3. After installing, it will notify you to restart the browser. Restart it.
4. Now, you can customize anything by going to addon and option’s of Classic Theme Restorer.
5. Classic Theme Restorer addon have bulk of option to customize the Firefox your way.
What You Can Customize With Classic Theme Restorer Extension?
- Tabs color, text, height, behavior can be customized. Now you can easily bring your tabs below/above URL bar with in few clicks.
- Shape of tabs can be easily changed. There are option of opting for curved tabs (Australised), squared tab (classic) etc. It is one of the best feature of this add-on
- Bring your favorite Firefox button back and it will work as in pre-Austarlis versions. All of Firefox options can be easily accessed from this button.
- You can add star and rss feed button in URL bar.
- Overall UI customization includes like activity indicator, movable status panel, make navigation toolbar button small, hide private browning mask, different color (Green/Blue) for verified secure sites.
- Also there are many options available to customized Toolbars.
Change The Shape Of Tabs In Firefox
I find the option for changing the shape of tab awesome. Now my browser is set to display Squared tabs (Classic V2). When you will click on tabs, you will find various options. But first two drop down tabs are important for tabs customization.
- Under tabs, I have switched to Squared tabs (classic) (v2). You can change this option accordingly.
- Below it, there is an option to switch your tabs above or below the URL bar.
In General Theme Restorer add-on, you will find the option for tabs, tab colors & text, Application button, General UI (1), General UI (2), Location bar, Toolbars (1), Toolbars (2), Advanced and Classic Theme Restorer.
After installing this add-on, you will some changes right after restart. These changes include Firefox button in place of Hamburger button and squared tabs.
MUST READ: Why I Use LastPass For Online Password Management
Conclusion: Your Firefox, Your Way
Although there are many add-ons to customize the Mozilla’s web browser. But most of these add-on will only customize the few areas of the browser. Classic Theme Restorer is the only add-on which provides the features for customizing the fox in every way and made it look like pre-Austalis.
If you have any question regarding this article, let me know about that in comment section.