Avoid Google Penalty: Google is the widely used web search engine around the globe. Whenever we have a query, we just search for that query in Google. Like if you have a query related to “How to avoid Google Penalty”, you can easily take help of search engines to find your answer.
For most of the website & blogs on web, Google is the primary source of traffic. This traffic is the source of their income. But Google has made is search engine algorithm in such a way to punish those websites which does not follow best seo practices. Webmasters are always worried about Google Panda & Penguin updates. These algorithmic updates can deteriorate any site’s ranking & traffic, if the site engaged in negative SEO.
These types of penalties can also manually done by Google Web Spam team. So if you are a blogger or webmaster, you should follow some guidelines to avoid Google Penalty.
How To Avoid Google Penalty?
Below are some points or guidelines which should be followed if you are doing SEO on your site.
1. Create Unique And Valuable Content (Avoid Copied Content)
Creating Unique and Valuable content is the first step to avoid Google penalty. Google love those sites which produces high quality and genuine content. If you are posting copied content on your blog than your blog is subject to Google penalty. Also copied content will not get ranking in search engine and in long-term, that blog will also get de-indexed due to penalty.
So it’s the best seo practice to create unique content for your blog.
2. Always Avoid Buying Backlinks
Backlinks are the backbone of SEO of any site. Many small business are in of view that getting more and more backlinks to their website will help them to rank their business well in search engine. For this, they buy backlinks. Many of the Fiverr gigs provides backlinks for your site for a small price. If you are also applying your blog in these type of link-schemes than Google Penalty is very close to your site. Google will surely going to penalize your site.
3. Don’t Over-Emphasizing Keyword Density
While writing an article, if you are giving more focus on keyword density rather than writing the content in natural way than your blog may be subject to algorithmic penalty. Many of the blogger, just repeat a keyword many times for ranking the post. These days search engines are far more intelligent. Gone are the days,when one just stuff the keywords in the post and got ranking.
If you are engaged in just keyword stuffing than your blog will be subject to Google over-optimization penalty. You have to produce unique content around a keyword not just repeating the keyword unnecessarily.
4. Use Guest Posting Wisely
First of all remember that your site’s backlink-profile should look natural to Google. Some of bloggers go for guest post strategy just to get backlinks. Your site is going to penalized if:
- Site have unbalancing link profile
- Too many backlinks from a one source
- Risk of devaluing guest post link by Google
So what should you don in this case? You should focus on getting contextual links while guest posts.
5. Focus On Relevance
According to a former member of Google’s web spam team “Relevancy is the new PR”. Google has already announce not to update PageRank anymore. From this, Google has signifies that importance of PR in ranking is declining.
So you should not focus on PR of any website. Your website’s link-profile should be relevant. Google is now focusing on LDR (Linking Domain Relevancy). LDR means whether your site is getting the link from a relevant site.
For e.g. if you have a blog in Android niche and you are getting link or building links in Health niche than your blog is going to face the angry face of Google Penguin. For this, you should get or build links in relevant niche or domain.
6. Diversify Anchor Text
It’s already known to us that anchor text is an important part of Search Engine Optimization. So we have to use it wisely. Wrong use of anchor text can easily make our online business to get slap by Google Algorithm. We should never use exact-match anchor text excessively but diversify the anchor text.
Diversifying anchor text have great importance while linking internally in your site. You should use branded, domain, and webmaster name anchor text more often. Don’t just focus on a single anchor text.
7. Make Your Website A Brand In Eyes Of Google
Google has always show the love for big brands. Big brands tend to get high-ranking automatically. Also for a brand, it’s very easy to get penalty removed. How will know or make your site a brand. For this a blog or site follow some below points:
- Well Designed Site: All of the big brands tend to have well-designed with proper navigational structure. The design of a website can easily create trust in eyes of Google. For this, you can also have a physical address and phone number.
- Social Media: Make your website’s fan following in social media. For branding, Google considers fan-following of an online business. For this you can invest a small amount to get social media presence.
- Brand Search: When people search for your site by its name, it means site is getting branding.
8. Avoid Fake Social Followers
Google may penalize a site with fake social followers. As social signal is a factor to consider while ranking, people use it by getting fake likes & tweets on their social profile and posts.
So it’s wise to avoid it as Google’s next algorithmic may feature this.
- Create trust in the eyes of Google as Site Trust play an important role in search engine ranking. You can build trust for your site by getting link from .edu or .gov website. For this, links from sites which have many links from .edu and .gov have high importance.
- Don’t give site-wide links to other irrelevant page or to other site. Many of the webmaster give site wide links to other sites for sake of money. In this case, a Google penalty is ahead waiting for your site.
- Always avoid hidden text, sneaky redirects and cloaking. Hidden texts are the keywords written in same color as web page and in very small size.
- Never post automatically generated content
- No-Follow attribute for paid links
So these are points, you should always follow to avoid Google algorithmic penalty. You have to strictly apply all theses points on your blog or site.
Do share your views about avoiding Google algorithmic penalty in comments section.