Is there any who does not want to improve Alexa rank? Probably No. If you are a blogger than probably you are always wondering about improving the Alexa rank of your blog. Some of the tutorials on the web will state that Alexa Rank is totally depends upon traffic. The more traffic your blog receives, more your blog’s Alexa rank will improve. But it is not justified. I have seen low traffic blog with better Alexa rank than any other blog with same number of traffic.
Before I tell you about how to boost Alexa rank, I will tell you “What is Alexa Rank” and it’s importance for blogger & webmasters.
What Is Alexa Rank?
Alexa.com is an amazon.com company. It ranks various websites around the web on the basis of their traffic count and some other factors. They also provides useful insights related to any website like keywords, traffic source, country and more by which we can improve our blog or website.
Do Alexa Rank Have Any Importance?
Yes, better alexa rank can easily benefits to any blogger & webmaster. Below are the some points which can tell you about the benefits of alexa rank.
- For advertisement, many advertiser looks for blog’s with better alexa rank. By better alexa rank means lower alexa rank.
- Lower alexa rank also means healthy traffic on that particular blog or site.
- Alexa rank also signifies the authority of the blog. Many of the best blogs for blogging have lower alexa rank and are authority figure in their niche.
One of most key point that encourage blogger to boost alexa rank is that Alexa Rank of all website on the web updated on daily basis. Other website metrics like domain Authority, Page Authority etc are updated in every one month. It’s also true that Alexa Rank does not provide fully accurate metrics of any website. But I still recommend you to always keep a check on your blog’s alexa rank.
By writing this post, I am not encouraging you to just to focus on increasing alexa rank. Instead focus on to create useful content with best user experience of your blog.
Increase/Improve Alexa Rank By Using Below Tactics
Below are some of the points which you should apply on your blog to increase the alexa rank. I am strictly applying all these below points and seeing the improved results.
1. Update Your Blog On Regular Basis
There is no hope for a blogger to get alexa rank reduced, if he/she is not updating his/her blog on regular basis. If a blog is new than it is vital to update blog with useful content. By updating the blog with relevant & useful content will make your readers to come back for more. Also posting unique content on regular basis will contribute to better search engine optimization. It will increase the traffic from search engines.
For a newly stared blog, it is very essential to publish new content every day to gain authority. Authority website will automatically gain more reader & better alexa rank.
Let me give you an example. Most of the news websites and blog gain higher alexa rank with in few months without doing much work. They just post daily happening news in any niche like sports, tech and others. Regular updating blog have significant impact on alexa rank.
2. Niche Of Your Blog Matters
Yes, niche of your blog matters a blog. Do you know, Alexa take only that traffic in consideration for which web browser got installed with Alexa Toolbar. You can also put an Alexa Widget. Let I explain this with an example. Most of the blogger & webmaster which are in tech & blogging niche concerned about Alexa Rank. So they install Alexa Toolbar in their web browser.
So if you blog on blogging or tech niche, you will receive traffic from bloggers & web masters. It will surely reduce alexa rank for sure & fast.
In another situation, suppose you made a blog on health niche. In this case, your health blog will receive traffic from health conscious people, doctors and medical students. There is very less chance that these visitors have installed Alexa Toolbar in their browser as they are not concerned about it. So your Alexa rank will not decrease much and at fast rate.
So niche matters a lot in improving alexa rank.
3. Comment Wisely
To improve alexa rank, you can opt for commenting on relevant blogs. I recommend you to comment on those blog which are “Blogging” niche. There are many high quality blogs in blogging niche on which you can comment. If you are thinking of that why I am telling you to comment only in blogging niche blogs. Here is the reason. If you give a useful comment on that particular blog, you can easily get traffic from that comment. Most of the visitors of Blogging Niche have installed Alexa Toolbar. It will result in increase in alexa rank.
4. Write High Quality Content
As “Content is the King” in blogging arena, you have to post useful & high quality content. High quality & unique content will automatically get relevant backlinks which will result in increase in traffic. Increase in traffic will surely improves alexa rank. I read many blog like NeilPatel.com, QuickSprout and Backlinko. They are just create very high quality & in-depth content. That’s why these blogs have better alexa rank.
5. Other Tips
- Install Alexa Toolbar: I have already stated you that “Alexa Rank is measured by the hits which pass from their system”. So you should install Alexa Toolbar in your web browser and also say your friend & relative to install Alexa Toolbar in your browser. Tell your friends to make your blog as their homepage.
- Make Relationship With Bloggers: If you make sweet relationship with some popular blogger, they will share your articles for their readers & social media fans. It may also result in boost in alexa rank of your blog.
- Be Active On Social Media: It is highly recommended to share your posts in social media (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter). There are many Facebook groups specially for bloggers. You should share your latest published articles these groups.
- Go to your nearby Cybercafe. Request it’s owner to make your blog as browser’s homepage in all of their computers and install alexa toolbar. As many people come to cybercafe, it will result in increase in traffic & more exposure. Alexa will count this traffic as it’s from alexa toolbar installed browsers. Your blog’s Alexa Rank can significantly improved by using this trick.
So these are techniques you can apply on your blog to boost it’s alexa rank. Whatever technique you use for improving alexa rank, your blogging strategy should include “creating useful content”. You should not skip this. Otherwise everything will go in vain.
I recommend you to build a reader base & brand for your blog or you can also provide a free service. More visitors will attract to your blog in search of that free service.
If you have any question regarding increasing alexa rank, you can post that in below comment section.
Do share this post with friends & colleagues so that they get benefit.